The Forerunner watches are a series of dedicated GPS running watches. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or elite runner, you’ll find the watch you’re after among their Forerunner series. Various #forerunner series are already available in the market.
The Garmin Forerunner 45 is an affordable running watch for beginners and athletes looking for a relatively simple running watch.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 45
Garmin Forerunner 45 is the first generation in this series and it is very easy to use, and also have all the standard features you’d expect from a running watch – and much more.
The watch comes in two versions: The Garmin Forerunner 45 and the Garmin Forerunner 45S. The watches can do EXACTLY the same thing – the only difference is their physical size. The Garmin Forerunner 45S is slightly smaller than the Garmin Forerunner 45.
Recommended for: The Garmin Forerunner 45 is an affordable running watch for beginners and athletes looking for a relatively simple running watch.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 45 ADVANTAGES:
– Measures all the basics: Distance, Pace/Tempo, Time, Heart rate.
– Optical heart rate monitor at the wrist.
– Fitness assessment (VO2 Max).
– Activity tracker features: Step counter, Sleep, Calories, Estimated distance, Stress, Energy level measuring (Body Battery).
– Smart notifications: Incoming calls, messages, reminders etc. directly on the watch.
– Music: Control music on your smartphone from the watch.
– Safety and tracking features (Incident Detection).
– FREE adaptive training plans through GARMIN COACH.
– Activity profiles for Running, Treadmill, Cycling, Walking, Cardio, Indoor running, Indoor cycling (spinning), Indoor walking, Elliptical (Cross-training), Stepper, Yoga, and more.
– Easy to use.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 45 DISADVANTAGES:
– Lack of advanced training features and data.
– No Garmin Music, Garmin Pay, or built-in maps.
– Not possible to download apps or widgets from Garmin Connect IQ (app store).
GARMIN FORERUNNER 245
Garmin Forerunner 245 an incredibly good running watch for the money. The vast majority of runners would find the Garmin Forerunner 245 satisfies their every need.
The watch can be found in two models: Garmin Forerunner 245 and Garmin Forerunner 245 Music. Both do exactly the same, except the Music model allows you to directly transfer music onto the watch – and therefore play music without the need for a smartphone close by.
Recommended for: The Garmin Forerunner 245 is a great running watch that will meet the criteria of the majority of runners – regardless of experience.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 245 ADVANTAGES:
– Has EVERYTHING the Garmin Forerunner 45 has.
– Larger display (1.2” vs 1.04”).
– Changeable strap/band (Quick release)
– Longer battery life in GPS mode.
– Electronic compass.
– Pulse Ox sensor (measures oxygen levels in the blood).
– Full Connect IQ compatibility (Download watch faces, data fields, widgets, and apps).
– Music storage on the watch – Spotify compatible (Premium account needed) – Only on the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music.
– Diverse activity profiles incl. Swimming (pool).
– Advanced training features (Training status, Training effect, Training load, Recovery time).
– Virtual partner (train against a digital profile).
– Navigation/Outdoor functions (Point-to-point, follow a route, back to start, GPS coordinates, UltraTrac mode).
– PacePro pacing guidance.
– Running dynamics (when used with accessories such as heart rate monitors or foot sensors).
– Run calculator.
– Built-in swimming functions.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 245 DISADVANTAGES:
– No Garmin Pay.
– Lacks the most advanced training features and data.
– No barometric altimeter, which measures precise altitude.
– No built-in map or real navigation.
– Not many activity profiles – lacks e.g. triathlon profile.
Garmin Forerunner 745 is the perfect watch for the serious athlete with a passion for running and triathlon, who wants guidance how to get better results.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error
GARMIN FORERUNNER 745
Garmin Forerunner 745 is the latest running – and triathlon smartwatch from Garmin. The watch has the same functions as Garmin Forerunner 245 Music and Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, but in addition Forerunner 745 has a full triathlon- og multisport-function as well as the latest workout functions from Garmin.
With the new function Daily Suggested Workouts, Garmin takes on the role as your personal running – and cycling coach who, based on your current fitness level and training intensity as well as sleep, stress and recovery status, offers CONCRETE recommendations for SPECIFIC training sessions, which you can follow on a daily basis.
Recommended for: Garmin Forerunner 745 is the perfect watch for the serious athlete with a passion for running and triathlon, who wants guidance how to get better results.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 745 ADVANTAGES:
– Has all the same functions as Garmin Forerunner 245 Music and Garmin Forerunner 645 Music.
In addition you get:
– More ativity profiles including triathlon.
– Daily Suggested Workouts. Training guide for the athlete who doesn´t follow a structured training schedule, but who want to improve. Get recommendations for specific training sessions directly on the watch – based on current training intensity, shape, sleep, stress and recovery.
– Improved recovery recommendations: Sleep, stress and daily activities affect the watch’s recommendations for recovery.
– Track Run mode: Improved GPS accuracy when running on a 400m track.
– Built-in wrist heart rate monitor that works under water.
– Approximately the same physical size as the Forerunner 245 and Forerunner 645. Smaller and lighter than the Forerunner 945.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 745 DISADVANTAGES:
– Lacks built-in map and real navigation.
– Missing a number of activity profiles compared to the Garmin Forerunner 945.
– Less battery life than Garmin Forerunner 945.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 945
The Garmin Forerunner 945 is currently the best training watch on the market. It’s loaded with all the newest training functions and also has a built-in map with real navigation, Garmin Music, and Garmin Pay. The Garmin Forerunner 945 has pretty much the same functions as the Garmin Fenix 6 series, but in a lightweight package.
Recommended for: The Garmin Forerunner 945 is the multi-sports GPS watch for the serious athlete who craves the best of the best and is interested in advanced data and statistics. It meets all the criteria of even the most demanding runner or triathlete.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 945 ADVANTAGES:
– Can do EVERYTHING mentioned previously in the Forerunner series.
– Longer battery life.
– Built-in topographic map with real ”turn-by-turn” navigation.
– Newest and most advanced training functions, including ”Training Load Focus,” and heat and altitude acclimation.
– Advanced outdoor features.
– Over 20 activity profiles including Golf, Mountain biking, Skiing, and Open water swimming.
GARMIN FORERUNNER 945 DISADVANTAGES: